CADMAC was officially formed as a Club in 1957, but founder members had been flying control-line and free-flight models in the local park in Chichester since 1953, and there are still a few members both young and old who continue to pursue this branch of the hobby today, although of course the majority of members currently fly R/C models. During 1958 the Club moved to a flying site adjacent to Goodwood Motor Racing Circuit until it became an Aerodrome in the 1960s.
After this period we moved to our present venue – Thorney Island. Here we enjoy the luxury of tarmac runways as this was an operational aerodrome at one time and the runways are still in good condition. Power flying is permitted on both Saturdays & Sundays but we have the use of a farm field for power flying every weekday from 10am until dusk, and only Electric at the weekends, once again, the strip is well maintained and large scale planes have taken off and landed without difficulty.
For slope soaring we have the use of the Trundle Hill for South-westerly winds. The view from this site is magnificent and well worth a visit just to see Chichester Harbour and the Isle of Wight.Many of the regular power fliers also like to join the ranks of the more dedicated thermal soarers as a change of pace, and that includes both bungee launched and electric gliders, in fact most disciplines of our chosen hobby are catered for by the Club including a new section of Indoor Flying.CADMAC is affiliated to the BMFA and is club no. 054 The Club has an organised training programme for novices both at Thorney Island and Portshole Farm and training aircraft are available for that purpose.